Many stores have started to have special hours just for seniors to go in to further protect them from the virus. In most cases it’s the first hour of opening – if in doubt call the stores to ask.
The following stores say they will open from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. to seniors only starting Tuesday:
- Ross’, 3777 Strandherd Dr.
- Moncion’s, 685 River Rd.
- McDaniel’s, 200 Grant Carman Dr.
- Dessureault’s, 1619 Orléans Blvd.
- McDonough’s, 1160 Beaverwood Rd.
- Asselin’s, 1560 Cameron St.
- Parent, 2737 Laurier St.
- King’s, 5911 Perth St.
- Massine’s, 296 Bank St.
The following stores say they will be enacting the same policy starting Wednesday:
- Riley’s YIG at Billings Bridge Shopping Centre
- Wilson’s, 2681 Alta Vista Dr.
- Hess’, 596 Montreal Rd.
- Patrice’s, 401 Ottawa St. in Almonte.
- Brown’s, 1251 Stittsville Main St.
Some stores are varying their hours each day. Call ahead to confirm what time seniors’ hour will take place at your neighbourhood store.
Shoppers Drug Mart stores are offering similar services.